Because I get obsessed with things, and I need a speedy recovery from my dog bite incident, I started to do everything I could to help the body to recover faster.
This is what I am having daily to help me recover faster. These foods not only help for recovering after a dog bite, they help to recover your body after injuries, burns, swollen muscles, muscle pain, and even from just normal training!
- High protein: Eating protein-rich foods is one of the best things that you can do to help heal your wounds. I added hemp and pea protein at my morning smoothie; I am having nuts and seeds as snacks, and beans or quinoa with my veggies at lunch and dinner.
- Alliums: such as onion, leek and garlic have been known for healing properties, because of their antioxidant content. I started to eat a clove of garlic per day!
- Crucifers: such as broccoli and cauliflower have also anti-inflammatory properties. So tonight’s dinner: cauliflower rice!
- Turmeric and ginger: Both anti-inflammatory herbs by excellence, I use them as spice to prepare my grains, or also adding them to the morning smoothie or evening tea.
- Omega 3 and healthy fats: Well-known to reduce inflammation and speed the recovery. I am having the omega 3 from flaxseeds and hempseed oil, and I complete my healthy fat dose with avocado, nuts and coconut oil.
- Chamomile: anti-inflammatory and antioxidant rich, many researches have shown that significantly improves healing. I am having a cup of tea per day before going to sleep.
Hope this is helpful for you, for me definitely is!!!
About the Author
Marcela is a Nutritionist and Dietitian, with a specialisation in Sports Nutrition. She earned her undergraduate degree in Human Nutrition at the University of Costa Rica in 2008, then completed her master’s degree in Human Movement and Integrative Health with emphasis on Athletes and Sports Nutrition in the Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica in 2010. Marcela dedicated the past ten years to Muay Thai and holds the WBC Asia World Championship.